Website Irwin HR
Irwin HR provides employers with expert advice and support on a range of Human Resource Management issues, Health & Safety and Training and to SMEs on an outsourced basis.
At Irwin HR, the HR Generalist will focus primarily on providing HR and employee relations advice, support, and solutions to the growing client base in various sectors.
We are looking for a qualified and resourceful HR Generalist to support our existing HR team to ensure efficient and appropriate responses are provided to our clients.
Objectives of role
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in developing and administering performance programmes that suit the unique needs of the client.
- Identify and implement employee engagement programme suitable for specific client.
- Recommend new procedures and policies to improve the HR function and protect the client.
- Advise on compliance in terms of employment law, regulations, and codes of practice, ensuring policies and/or procedures are updates as required.
- Develop and implement HR initiatives and training
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage relationships with the portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors.
- Ensure that the client receives an efficient, effective, friendly, and professional service in accordance with the features of their letter of engagement.
- Provide expertise, advice, and support to clients on the wide range of HR, employment law, employee and industrial relations issues that arise.
- Answer queries received efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct on site HR audits and advice clients of appropriate interventions.
- Advice clients on compliance requirements and best practice.
- Develop necessary documents for clients to maintain compliance.
- Ensure that clients are kept up to date with employment legislation and that their policies and procedures reflect changes.
- Work proactively with clients to manage employee relations issues effectively.
- Develop onboarding process for clients and support the client in preparing for new hires so they receive a good experience.
- Support clients to manage grievance and disciplinary issues from start to finish
- Advise managers on redundancy process.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change, and all other employee-relations matters as required by the client.
- Maintain good records on queries received, advice given and activity concerning each client.
- Create reports for clients and management as required.
- Work closely with other team members and provide support in the design and /or delivery of a on a range of HR initiatives and training.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant HR experience in a demanding HR setting.
- Knowledge and experience of HR practices and employment legislation in Ireland.
- Experience of successfully dealing with a variety of HR. employee relations.
- Third level qualification in HR
- Client centric and demonstrate a commitment to customer service and continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to achieve deadlines.
- Capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-directed and use own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage multiple issues simultaneously
- Resilient with strong problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- A full clean driving licence with access to own transport
Skills competencies and/or knowledge
Leadership and Direction:
Understands the issues and challenges of HR management as it relates to SME’s and be committed to making a difference by providing direction and guidance on a range of issues and employment law that benefits and protects clients. Be proactive and anticipate what the client will need from a compliance and strategic perspective and have the ability to influence clients to implement appropriate changes. Has a clear view of what is required to support the Irwin HR vision and can identify ways to improve product and service offerings to clients. Ability to work in a dynamic and growing environment, manage change effectively.
Managing and Delivering results:
Proficient knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management and Employment law in the Irish context. Detail and results orientated with the ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to clarify specifications, expectations and deliver a quality professional service.
Ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities. Focuses on achieving high standards of excellence and continuous improvement. Places importance on accountability for delivering results, through monitoring and measuring performance and targets. Understands, considers, and delivers for the client, with the ability to identify areas where the client may be exposed. Use of technology and systems to track and report key functional metrics to improve effectiveness and activity.
Critical Analysis and Decision Making:
Aptitude for working with people and attention to detail. Ability to assimilate and analyse complex information and data rapidly. Uses information, knowledge, and experience to recommend improvements to processes and services. Considers the impact of decisions before acting, anticipates and solves problems, makes sound, well informed and timely decisions, in difficult and pressured situations and knows when to involve others. Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepares control strategies.
Working with and through others:
Demonstrates the ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team in a dynamic and complex environment. Influences with passion and energy and works in collaboration and partnership with others to achieve results. Is persuasive and has excellent influencing and negotiating skills. Preserves and sees tasks through, taking responsibility to initiate activities and drive objectives through to conclusion.
Building Relationships and Communication:
Demonstrates effective networking and interpersonal skills. Develops and manages effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively liaises with individuals and groups, explains, advocates, and expresses facts and ideas in a convincing manner. Demonstrates a high level of trust, collaboration, confidentiality, and diplomacy. Uses knowledge and experience to solve issues, manage conflict effectively and maintain relationships. Communicates in a positive and clear way, both orally and in written form, by conveying information in a simple, concise, and easy to understand way without losing the core message.
Terms and conditions
- €32,640 per annum
- Remote working
- Sick pay scheme
- Travel expenses
- Company Laptop
- Opportunity for advancement
22 days plus bank holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org